Serves 4 as a first course
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 6 to 8 tablespoons mild vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 ounces truffles
- 3/4 pound fresh cooked crab meat
- 1 pound asparagus, or 2 pounds broccoli cut into florets
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
To make the dressing, combine the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the oil and mix well. Add more mustard, salt, and pepper to your taste.
Place thin truffle slices between chunks of crab on individual salad plates. Arrange the asparagus or broccoli on each plate. Pour the dressing over and garnish with lemon wedges.
--John and Pat Rawlinson